At development of software product is rather difficult it happens to determine on how many it is necessary to increase a version number. For example in each particular case to tell the changes, made in a software product, of appropriation of the new major version are worthy or it is necessary to limit by the minor version.
Concerning appropriation of numbers of the versions at development software our company adheres to the following policy of appropriation of numbers to developed versions of software products:
1. To each software product the version number consisting from three parts is appropriated.
1) Major version;
2) Minor version (0-99).
3) Build number.
2. At creation of new software product first assigned the version number is 1.00. Build number is appropriated 1.
3. At each successful build of the program number of assembly is automatically increased on 1.
4. At issue of the new version of a software product vary number of the minor version. In case if number of minor version exceeds 100, the increase of the major version happens.
5. The size of a increment of the minor version is determined as a percentage long introduced in a source code and documentation of the program of changes in relation to total volume of a source code, documentation of the program, its help etc.
The part of changes is determined with the help of Shuric Diff program.
The part of changes is rounded off in a smaller leg, thus if the part of changes appears less than 1 %, it is received equal 1%.
Thus on change in a version number you can very simply determine volume of the changes, introduced in the program. So the change of the higher version speaks that volume of the introduced changes from the moment of the last change of the higher version is comparable with total volume of a source code of a software product.
|See also:||The tab "About"|
|The Settings dialog|